RSS Feed

Day 17: Insanity Workout - Cardio and Abs

So if you read my post yesterday, you read about how I was pretty unmotivated to do the insanity workout and that I struggled through the exercises. Well, today was a different story! Today I felt great and ready to go. I still had a hard time getting out of bed, because I love sleeping and I hate waking up, but once I got ready and pushed play on the DVD player, I was 100% into it. Today's Insanity workout was the Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs DVD. I made it through all the warm ups without feeling like I needed a break, and I was able to go faster and get more reps in my warm up section. I really felt energized this morning, my lungs didn't feel as heavy and my legs were able to do better squats and lunges.

I actually think the reason why I did better was because of the Shakeology drinks. I did not take my shakeology drink on Saturday or Sunday, so I think that really hurt my body for Monday. I took the Shakeology drink yesterday and I felt great this morning, I also went and bought more fruit for myself to eat.

I want to write a little about the Cardio Abs routine, since I have already written about the Pure Cardio a few times. I mentioned that I have a tailbone problem that kind of prevents me from going all out on some of the exercises. I really do believe that this is a good ab workout program. It starts off with a great and difficult warm up, its especially difficult because i do the workout right after I am done with pure cardio, so I am already tired. Then it goes into the C sit positions, this is where I struggle. I did okay today, but I hardly feel it in my abs, I feel it in my lower back more. I am not sure if I am doing them wrong or if my lower back is supposed feel worked out. The next section is all the plank positions, this is the section that is better more me to do because it does not hurt my tailbone at all. This section is extremely difficult, it works your whole core, but I really feel it in the obliques, transverse abs and lower abs. In my opinion that is the best section of the cardio ab workout.

Nutrition: Yesterday I did awesome with my Insanity workout nurtion plan. I stuck to the diet the whole day. I had a shakeology, a turkey burger and shrimp. some steak, and lots of fruit and nuts. Eating correctly probably helped me with feeling more energized for the workout today.

Thank you for reading my Insanity workout review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment