RSS Feed

Day 18: Insanity Workout Review - Recovery


Today I over slept a little bit, but that is okay because the scheduled Insanity workout was Cardio Recovery. Last night was a good night, I did some more ab workouts before I went to bed on my Swiss exercise ball, plus some other on the floor lower ab workouts. Then I also did some dumbbell lifting before I went to bed, I just worked out my biceps and shoulders, I also did some push ups to workout my chest a little bit. It was nothing to strenuous, just enough so I started feeling a burn...I do not want to wear myself out for the Insanity workout, so any other exercising I do besides the Insanity workout, will be in moderation. It was a good night to fit in some extra exercises, because I knew the next day I was going to have a recovery day.

So the Insanity workout today is said to be a recovery day, but I am still a little skeptical if that is true or not. There are exercises in this Insanity workout that really suck. When you have to hold a squat position and holding a lunge position is just not easy to do, then you after your done holding you pulse up and down in the squat and lunge, it is very difficult to get through, because your legs are on fire. Another difficult exercise in this Insanity workout, are the plank positions. There is a workout that works out your glutes, quads, core and shoulders, all at the same time. There are a couple more exercises in this Insanity workout that burn, but mostly all the rest have to do with balancing and stretching. Some of the balancing poses are difficult for me, but I am getting better...it's all this darn Yoga stuff...I know it is good for you, but it is weird...who thought up these crazy stretch positions?!! Anyway, I enjoyed my Insanity workout today, it was not to long, so that was nice.

Nutrition: I had another awesome day with my Insanity workout nutrition plan. After my mid-lunch shakeology drink, I had a turkey sandwich for lunch, on whole wheat bread, and an apple. I am pretty sure I just had fruit for my mid-dinner, but for dinner I had a delicious steak. Steak is so good!! I do not understand how anyone can live without eating meat, is it seriously the best thing in the world! All you vegetarians out there are really missing out!

So tomorrow I will continue my Insanity workout review, and do the Cardio Power and resistance workout. I am so happy I have not missed a day yet, but I might have a difficult time doing the workout on Saturday because I am not going to be home, or anywhere with a TV. So I have not figured out what I am going to do yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment