RSS Feed

Day 36: Insanity Workout Review - 2nd Month

Today was the first day of the 2nd Insanity Workout Month. I was supposed to do the Fit Test again today, but decided to skip it because I did not have enough time. So I went straight to the Insanity Workout called Max Interval Circuit, which is an hour long...Double the time of the first month of the Insanity workouts. If I were to do the fit test, it would have been an hour and a half workout today, and I just did not have that kind of time.

It starts off with a warm up like usual, but the warm up is different than the first month's warm up. The warm up is around the same length of time as the first months, but with more difficult moves. You will definitely be sweating, by the end of the warm up.

One thing that kind of surprised me, was that the stretching did not seem as long, I could be wrong, but I felt like we did longer stretching in the first month of the Insanity workout. Anyway, you start the main workout with about 42 minutes left in the DVD. Usually you would start around the 22 minute marker...But this is the second month!! This is where it really starts to get crazy!!

There were some pretty tough workouts. There was one particular exercise called the....something? I can't remember what it was called, but Shaun T has you do 4 ski ab jumps, into 4 jumping jack push ups, into in and outs, then into four oblique push ups. It totally sucked. Another exercise was called "full body drill"...I think. This exercise had you drop down into a plank position, then do sprints, four moving push ups, then four wide sprints, you then got on your feet and jumped and then do it all over again. The workouts were exhausting today. I was glad I decided only to do the Max interval circuit workout, instead of doing the fit test before it.

As for my knee...it is feeling better, the three days of rest really helped it. I started wearing my knee band when I was working at the Elk Camp, and by Sunday there was no more pain. So I wore it today through the workout, and I am wearing it right now.

I was not able to keep to the Nutrition plan this weekend, because at elk camp the only thing to snack on are cookies and chips. Then my Dad makes the most unhealthiest dinners and breakfasts in the world, but they are sooooo delicious.

Later on today, I am going to a cycling class at the gym with my friend. I am going to have to eat a lot of food today, because I heard you can burn anywhere up to 600 to 800 calories from one of those cycling workouts. We'll see how it goes.

Get insanity!

0 comments:

Post a Comment